IMM-200 is a deposition monitor built with ModeLock technology to maximize reproducibility and uniformity with the highest thickness accuracy, best measurement resolution, and lowest rate noise.
With the oscillator built-in, IMM-200 can be easily integrated into an Ethernet system with minimal hardware and footprint. This powerful and precise measurement monitor is sure to bring a new level of performance to your process.
HOW MODELOCK WORKS
The proven INFICON ModeLock measurement system provides crystal-frequency information with precision not possible from conventional “active oscillator” systems. It eliminates “mode-hopping,” a failure to maintain crystal oscillation at the fundamental frequency. ModeLock continuously tests the monitor crystal for resonance at the fundamental frequency, thereby eliminating weaknesses inherent in the conventional measurement method. Conventional measurement methods incorporate the quartz monitoring crystal as an active element of the oscillator circuit. Consequently, the crystal controls the oscillator circuit. So, as the electrical characteristics of the crystal change during deposition, the oscillator circuit becomes less stable and may “hop” to another resonant frequency or fail completely, resulting in an inaccurate film thickness. More powerful and precise—yet faster— than the conventional method, ModeLock continually tests and analyzes the phase frequency relationship of the crystal. The crystal is not an active part of the oscillator circuit.
FEATURES AT A GLANCE
- INFICON ModeLock technology provides the longest crystal life and ensures the most stable, highest resolution rate and thickness measurement available, even at very low rates
- Maximize yield with the best QCM thickness measurement possible
- Single channel rate and thickness monitor without unnecessary added features to minimize cost
- ±0.0035 Hz over 100 ms sample
- Ethernet communications for seamless integration
- Compact size to minimize integration costs by saving tool real estate n Expert application support, able to discuss unique application needs and give greater support than the competition
- RoHS compliant