This report provides the most comprehensive view of the printed, organic and flexible electronics industry, giving detailed ten year forecasts by device type along with assessment of the trends, capabilities and market successes (and failures). The market is analyzed by each key component type in addition to assessing the market value by printed vs non printed, rigid vs flexible and much more.
In the report IDTechEx Research appraises each enabling technology component by virtue of its market need - not technology push. We draw on over fifteen years of knowledge tracking this sector on a global scale which culminates in this report providing detailed, refined forecasts, strategic positioning and assessment of trends, "hot topics" and unmet opportunities. Coverage of the technology is without hype - critically assessing the technology capabilities and genuine opportunities with realistic outlook based on our leading market insight.
The report is based on extensive primary interviews with suppliers across the value chain (including materials supply, equipment providers, component makers and system integrators), through to end user / OEM interviews to understand the user requirements. Research has been conducted globally based on our extensive contact database of the industry.
Each of the key enabling components are covered in turn in this report, being:
- Conductors (used in a wide range of applications with growth from In Mold Electronics, e-textiles, RF/electro-magnetic interference shielding and much more)
- Logic and memory (growth areas include smart packaging)
- OLED displays (growth areas being plastic and foldable OLEDs)
- Printed Quantum Dot (QD) Displays and hybrid QD-OLED displays
- OLED lighting (addressing niche premium priced applications versus the incumbent LED lighting)
- Electrophoretic and other bistable displays (growth in electronic shelf labels while color versions of information signs are improved)
- Electrochromic displays (new products for smart packaging and smart labels)
- Electroluminescent displays (in steady decline)
- Other displays
- Batteries (with companies focussing on electronic skin patches and other wearables)
- Photovoltaics (with focus on building integrated PV and new technologies including perovskite PV)
- Sensors (nine types are analyzed)
For each of the above sectors, the report covers:
- Latest technical progress
- Current and emerging applications
- Market size - now and forecast through to 2029
- Trends, challenges and opportunities
- Key players and profiles of players
In addition, the report includes assessment of the application of printed, organic and flexible electronics to different industries specifically including automotive & transportation, consumer electronics, consumer goods, wearable electronics and others.
The value chain, go to market strategies and case studies of success and failure are given. This widely referenced IDTechEx report brings it all together, with particular focus on applications and quantative assessment of opportunities.
IDTechEx Research finds that the total market for printed, flexible and organic electronics will grow from $41.2 Billion in 2020 to $74 billion in 2030. The majority of that is OLEDs (organic but not mainly made by printing); printed biosensors; and printed conductive ink (used for a wide range of applications, but predominately PV). On the other hand, stretchable electronics, logic and memory, flexible batteries and capacitive sensors are much smaller segments but with strong growth potential.
IDTechEx Research continuously monitors hundreds of companies in this field, with the primary research used as a basis of the report. In addition, the report includes detailed profiles of over 50 companies.
If you are looking to understand the big picture, the opportunity, the problems you can address, or how you can start to use these technologies and the implications involved, this report is a must-buy. Researched by multilingual IDTechEx analysts and experts based eight countries in four continents, this report builds on 15 years of research of the industry.
Analyst access from IDTechEx
All report purchases include up to 30 minutes telephone time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
If you have any questions about this report, please do not hesitate to contact our report team at research@IDTechEx.com
or call one of our sales managers: