The RPS MA3000 series is designed for the usage at vacuum chambers. Typical process pressures are between 0.3 Torr and 5.0 Torr.
A Remote Plasma Source (RPS) is defined by the fact that a plasma is only generated and existing in the RPS itself, not in the process chamber.
No plasma, only radicals are reaching the process chamber. Therefore the RPS system is ideal for applications which necessarily need to avoid physical effects as ion bombardment and high thermal load.
The radicals generated by the Remote Plasma Source are creating only a chemical reaction at the surface of the substrates. That is leading to extremely low thermal load and damage free etching at high rates.
- Isotropic etching of silicon, silicon nitride, silicon oxide with superior etch rates.
- Photo resist stripping on different materials as silicon, silicon oxide, metals, high-k, low-k materials.
- Chamber Cleaning at low pressures using e.g. 2 slm NF3 @ 0.5 Torr.
- Best performance in semiconductor.
- Backend applications as wafer thinning and stress relief.
- water cooled plasma zone
- very high efficiency
- high plasma density
- pulse mode possible
- ultra clean remote plasma source
- ideal for high tech semiconductor processing
- easy, cost and time saving maintenance