FocalSpec Line Confocal Sensors ensure continuous, non-contact measurement of even the most challenging materials and shapes including curved, mirror-like, and transparent surfaces. The sensors are specifically designed for various applications in the consumer electronics industry but can be utilized in various manufacturing contexts.
System integrators can develop unforeseen applications owing to the FocalSpec sensors’ unique ability to capture 3D and 2D data simultaneously with speeds of up to 5 kHz and accuracy of even 0.1 μm. Sensors can be easily integrated into new machine vision systems or existing manufacturing lines.
Line Confocal Imaging technology, or LCI for short, is a technology for measuring microscopic-scale dimensions and tomographic structures.
Key figures of LCI Sensors
- Simultaneous capturing of 2D and 3D data 2048 measurement points in one line
- Measurement speed of up to 5 million data points per second
- Distance between measurement points 2.1– 8.0 μm
- Measurement repeatability 70 nm
Benefits of using LCI Sensors
- Instant detection of abnormal variations
- Decreasing errors in each manufacturing step
- Improved product quality
- Continuous process optimization
- Reduced claims, waste and rejects