The centrotherm c.ACTIVATOR 150 high-temperature furnace has been developed for post implantation annealing of Silicon Carbide (SiC) devices. It is especially designed for high-volume production. The unique design of the centrotherm process tube and heating system allows process temperatures up to 2000 °C.
CARBON VACANCY ANNEALING
Carbon vacancies (Vc) can be annihilated by long post annealing just below the temperature at which the Vc generation starts (~1500 °C). This process reduces Vc density and enhances carrier life-times.
HYDROGEN ANNEALING FOR Trench optimization
For the production of SiC trench MOSFET´s it is important to eliminate excessive E-fields at sharp trench corners. In order to enhance channel mobility, the trench has to be cleaned and smoothed. This can be achieved by high-temperature hydrogen annealing.
- SiC annealing
- H2 annealing for trench optimization
- GaN annealing
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- High activation rate
- Minimum surface roughness (with appropriate C-cap)
- Maximum temperature 2000 °C
- Small footprint (1.9 m2)
- Continuous operation ≤1600 °C
- All metal-free heaters and insulation
- Heating ramp up to 100 K/min
- Batch size up to 50 wafers (150 mm)
- Automated calibration
- Side-by-side installation possible