The game changing advancements in the Octane Elite Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) Series take detector technology to the next level. This line of detectors incorporates a new silicon nitride (Si3N4) window, which offers remarkable improvements in low energy sensitivity for light element detection and low kV microanalysis. The Octane Elite Series also uses the widely praised CUBE technology, which yields high speed X-ray data processing within a smaller and fully vacuum encapsulated detector device.
The transmission improvements of the silicon nitride window can be as much as 35% compared to a polymer window, leading to greatly improved light element performance and significantly more critical data for the materials analyst.
When spectra acquired from a silicon dioxide sample at 10 kV using both a polymer and a silicon nitride window are scaled to the same peak amplitude at the Si K peak to facilitate comparison a clear improvement for the results from the Si3N4 window is seen in the increased oxygen peak intensity.
Low kV performance
The mechanical properties of Si3N4 allow the windows to be very thinly fabricated, offering a great benefit in terms of sensitivity, enabling optimal low voltage analysis.
The material properties and durability of Si3N4 ensure the most robust and reliable detectors available for all EDS applications.
Features and Benefits
- Thermal resistance enables in-situ testing and analysis
- Corrosion and shock resistance
- Higher sensitivity for superior low kV performance
- Unique grid arrangement blocks fewer X-rays
- Vacuum encapsulation maximizes low energy collection
- Can be plasma cleaned to reduce contamination build-up
Use of CUBE Technology
- Electronics are available on a smaller module
- Achieves lower temperatures using less power for better resolution
- Offers the fastest pulse processing available
- Maps can be collected in much shorter times, boosting user productivity
Al L to Al K peak height ratio of 1:1 at 2.5 kV
Stable energy resolution at high collection speeds
- Data quality guaranteed at all count rates
- Extraction of high-resolution quantitative analysis at mapping speeds up to 200,000 cps
TEAM™ Software Suite allows users to optimize their analysis time and get the best possible data from their sample
- Smart Diagnostics and Smart Acquisition facilitate optimized collection and analysis conditions
- Smart Pulse Pile-Up Correction minimizes concerns typical of high count rate collections and allows maximum use of SDD technology
The design enhancements and analytical benefits of the Octane Elite Series advance SDD technology to the highest level of performance ever achieved in a commercially available EDS detector. They enable users to meet more of their materials characterization challenges with the best results.