The ETH is the next generation of electric thrust cylinder product that is suitable to replace pneumatic and hydraulic cylinders in many applications while simultaneously increasing the reliability of the production process and decreasing overall cost and maintenance. Utilizing a completely new integrated drive train and guidance design, the ETH has greatly improved overall thrust capacity within a smaller overall footprint, producing a cylinder with industry leading power density. The ETH is designed to compete with similarly sized roller screw products and offers an energy efficient solution to hydraulic actuation. The new integrated design creates a more durable unit overall that has dramatically increased product life characteristics.
ETH cylinders are engineered to be extremely user-friendly employing a wide range of configurable options to allow for true application optimization. They can be configured with either inline or parallel motor mounting options to allow for accommodating tighter space constraints. With a standardized ISO footprint, ETH cylinders can be designed into existing fluid power applications, adding programmability and the option of closed loop control as well as high durability and long life. Due to the high mechanical efficiency of an electric cylinder they offer lower overall cost of ownership relative to similarly sized fluid power systems.
With five different frame sizes to meet a multitude of application demands, the ETH family has been optimized to fit almost any industrial requirement, and has been successfully implemented in applications such as test and laboratory equipment, valve and flap actuation, press equipment, food and beverage process automation, packaging, along with a multitude of general material handling applications.
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Packaging / Warehouse
- Food & Bev
- Unrivalled power density — high forces and small frame size
- Long service life
- Reduced maintenance costs with easy access lubrication ports
- Reduced noise emission
- Pneumatic ISO flange conformity (norm DIN • ISO 15552) for easy conversion
- Integrated anti-rotation device
- Optimized for safe handling and simple cleaning
- Parker offers the complete solution - drive/controllers, motors and gearboxes to pair with the ETH
- Available with IP54 (standard) or IP65 (optional) based on application needs
- Optional ATEX certification for equipment group II, category 2 in explosive gas atmospheres
- High mechanical efficiency - up to 90%
- Toothed belt drive available for parallel motor mounting
- Several rod end options - including linear rod guide module for additional side load support
- Accessories with integrated force sensors help to allot and even to control forces precisely
- Factory Automation
- Pressing Applications
- Material Handling
- Valve and Flap Actuation