BJ820 is meant for high-volume production environments, with advantages as follows:
- the very high axis precision of 1μm;
- large bond area of 305mm x 410mm;
- ultra-fine bond-pad pitch capability at 40um inline;
- large effective Z-axis travel of up to 30mm;
- the powerful PiQC system (Process integrated Quality Control, for real-time bond quality monitor by the deformation sensor and transducer current) and;
- the nearly wear-and-maintenance-free Piezo bondhead, altogether enable its suitability for high-volume production.
Bondjet BJ820, the 3rd generation of Hesse GmbH's thin-wire model, is an innovation in the thin-wire wedge bonding market and a valuable alternative to ball-bonding and other processes. All challenging wire bonding applications can be handled on this single platform – RF, microwave devices, COB, MCM, hybrids, fiber optics and automotive using aluminum or gold wires or ribbons.