The EA-based technology offers the following benefits for wafer bump reflow:
1) Enhanced bump reflow quality because the flux induced solder voids and wafer contaminations naturally disappear.
2) Improved productivity by having in-line process capability, eliminating post wafer cleaning, and avoiding furnace down time for cleaning.
3) Reduced cost of ownership to end users due to eliminated costs associated
with cleaning equipment, cleaning solution, labor work, and flux.
4) Improved safety by eliminating flux exposure and using a non-toxic and non-flammable gas mixture.
5) No environmental issues by eliminating organic vapors, hazard residues,and CO2 emission.