The SUSS MicroTec Mask Aligner has become synonymous with superior quality, high alignment accuracy, and sophisticated exposure optics. SUSS MicroTec offers a complete range of mask aligners for high-end fab automation, high volume production and R&D environments alike. SUSS MicroTec designs their mask aligner systems for lithography applications in the field of 3D packaging, advanced packaging, MEMS, LED, compound semiconductors, power devices, photovoltaic, nanotechnology and wafer-level optics.
The MA200Gen3 offers intelligent solutions for a large range of process requirements for wafer size up to 200mm.
A high level of automation, e.g. with an optional automatic filter exchange unit, an optional UV-LED exposure system or an optional closed loop runout control functionality, shortens valuable process times, increases yield and significantly reduces cost of ownership.
Ease of use has played a major role in the design of the MA200Gen3. Features such as an adjustable monitor and an ergonomic I/O interface, a continuous-run loadport and direct view on the exposure stage make it comfortable to work with the MA200 Gen3 even under high work load.
The MA300 Gen3 is a member of the high end mask aligner family from SUSS MicroTec that are designed to address the requirements of modern high-end fabs in a high volume manufacturing environment.
The standard topside alignment with accuracies down to 0.5 µm (DirectAlign) the 3D dedicated alignment platform enables bottom side and infrared alignment for 300 mm based three-dimensional (3D) packaging lithography applications such as etch masks for TSVs and dicing streets, backside redistribution layers (RDLs) or bumping applications. While bottom-side alignment enables SUSS MicroTec 300 mm Mask Aligners to process double-sided structured wafers, the infrared alignment option allows the handling of opaque, yet IR-transparent materials such as adhesives, in particular for thin wafer handling or encapsulation applications.
MO Exposure Optics®
The telecentric illumination provided by MO Exposure Optics improves light uniformity and leads to a larger process window. Yield enhancements are produced as a result. MO Exposure Optics also decouples the exposure light from the lamp source, so small misalignments of the lamp do not affect light uniformity. A decoupled light source saves setup and maintenance time and guarantees uniform illumination conditions during the entire lifetime of the lamp.
- Excellent light uniformity over full exposure field
- Stable light source
- Customizable illumination by means of illumination filter plate exchange
- “Deep-UV-ready” process capabilities with fused silica micro-optics
- Auto-alignment is based on a motorized alignment stage. The COGNEX® based pattern recognition software automatically recognizes wafer target locations and controls the movement of the alignment stage. Coupled with SUSS MicroTec‘s DirectAlign®, accuracy to 0.5 μm can be achieved. Auto-alignment enables highest repeatability of process results coupled with optimized throughput and minimum operator intervention.
SUSS MicroTec offers various approaches to the imprint technology, tailored to the specific process requirements of different applications. All imprint solutions are based on SUSS MicroTec’s highly regarded semi-automated mask aligner suite and support multiple substrate materials and sizes from small pieces up to 200 mm wafers.
The mask aligner platform not only allows for accurate alignment of stamp to substrate but also provides valuable functionalities such as precise stamp-to-substrate levelling and contact pressure control. Process recipes are conveniently edited, offering a high degree of adjustability for all relevant parameters. SUSS mask aligners already in the field are easily upgraded with imprint tooling.
SUSS Imprint Technologies
SUSS manual and semi-automated mask aligners are designed for maximum versatility. Fast and easy switching between all options and wafer/substrate sizes is at the core of SUSS MicroTec’s imprint technologies. Different options in one tool save clean room space as well as investment costs, thus providing a high degree of flexibility in process and device development.
SCIL (substrate conformal imprint lithography) technology is particularly suitable for high demand imprint processes.
- Full-area imprint up to 200 mm
- High resolution (< 70 nm)
- High alignment accuracy (± 1 µm)
- Long-life stamp
For the transfer of patterns in the micro- to nanometer range, SUSS MicroTec offers SMILE (SUSS MicroTec imprint lithography equipment) technology.
- Precise control over resist layer thickness and uniformity
- Structures on both wafer sides are possible
- Lens wafers stacking and UV bonding
- High alignment accuracy (+/- 1 µm)
- Edge handling or the application of buffer wafers to avoid active area contact
- Handling of warped wafers