YXLON FF20 CT
High-Resolution Industrial CT System for Fine Parts Inspection
The YXLON FF20 CT computed tomography system is designed to achieve the best 3D inspection results at very high resolution. Whether for R&D, defect analysis, process monitoring, or CT metrology, the FF20 CT is ideally suited for inspection of a variety of very small components from the electronics and material science industries.
- 2D detail visibility of up to 150 nm with new water-cooled 190 kV transmission tube
- Temperature stability with granite-based manipulation
- Innovative and intuitive Geminy graphical user interface with touchscreen operation for quick inspection
- Application flexibility using trajectories such as helical CT scan, horizontal field-of-view extension, virtual rotation axis, and standard Quick/QualityScan
- Precise metrology MPESD = 3,9 µm + L/75, measured as a deviation of sphere distance referring to VDI 2630-1.3
The FF20 CT is a compact, high-resolution computed tomography system, perfectly suited for inspection of your small items such as:
- Electronic components like SMD
- Semiconductor packaging
- Probes of new materials (e.g. metal, plastics, CFRP)
- Microsystems, MEMS, MOEMS
- Medical devices like e.g. cannulas
Based on a new, innovative operation concept, the FF20 CT has been designed for low-temperature expansion and precise inspection item manipulation with high repeatability and measurement capability.
The 190 kV transmission X-ray tube is newly developed and achieves detail visibility in radioscopy of up to 150 nm. With a focus on usability, system control is accomplished via two touchscreens displaying easy-to-understand graphics. Intelligent functionality supports the user: As an example, ‘IntelliGuard’ avoids collision with X-ray tube and detector by automatically determining the outer shape of the inspection item during a 360° rotation.
CT trajectories such as ‘HeliExtend’ (helical CT scan and reconstruction method) provide consistently good image quality from top to bottom and capture elongated specimens with a high magnification scan.
The ability to select your own center of scan rotation using a ‘virtual rotation axis’ (FlexCenter) offers considerable comfort and saves time. The inspected item need not be repositioned if regions of interest fall outside the physical center of rotation.
A system health monitor gives you information on various parameters. Results are consolidated and displayed in a ‘traffic light’ representation. Additionally, you can access this health status and the progress of CT (and reconstruction) from your office through the remote monitoring feature.